- 1 Microcontrollers & SBCs
- 2 Single Board Computers (SBCs)
- 3 Microcontrollers (MCUs)
- 3.1 RP2040 Boards
- 3.2 Arduino
- 3.3 ESP32 & ESP8266
- 4 IDEs
- 5 Cloud Servers
- 6 Books & References
- 7 Electronic Components
- 8 Electronics Tools
- 9 Computer Peripherals
- 10 Computer Tools
Microcontrollers & SBCs
- Microcontrollers are special purpose PCBs [Printed Circuit Boards], while SBCs are Single Board Computers.
Single Board Computers (SBCs)
- A family of SBCs
- An opensource SBC platform that includes several models of varying capabilities
- A crowd-funded, hackable SBC
a collection of Raspberry Pi look-alikes at a cheaper price
- I have one of these, so updating this page as I learn more about it
- In 2020, Raspberry Pi introduced their first custom chip, the RP2040, first used in the RPi Pico. It has become wildly popular as the basis for a number of devices.
- Rather than SBCs, Arduino (and Arduino-compatible) boards are microcontrollers, suitable for robotics and other embedded applications.
Seeeduino Xiao SAMD21
ATTiny-based DIY 'duino
- Arduino-compatible, but also runs on MicroPython
- Integrated Development Environments
- Some applications require online resources. Here's some.
Books & References
- articles & tutorials
- a growing collection of terminology used in the SBC/microcontroller world
- Resistors, Diodes, Capacitors, oh my!
Breadboard & Perfboard
How to Use Breadboards
Where to Buy Breadboards & Perfboards
- Adafruit Perma-Proto 1/2 size prototyping perfboard
- Adafruit Universal perf boards
- Double-sided perf boards on Amazon
- Breadboards on Amazon
- Small Breadboards on Amazon
- Mini-Breadboards on Amazon