- 1 RPi Accessories
- 2 Setting Up a Raspberry Pi
- 3 RPi Projects
- 3.1 Home Web Server
- 3.2 Home Wiki Server
- 3.3 RPi Connected to Solar Power Controller
- 3.4 Pi Zero Amazon Price Tracker
- 3.5 Pi Zero 3D Printer Server
- 3.6 Pi Zero W Surveillance Camera
- 3.7 RPi Cellphone
- 3.8 RPi Zero on a USB Dongle
- 3.9 Run MS-DOS on a Pi
- 3.10 Time-Lapse Photo Setup
- 3.11 Node-RED programming language
- 3.12 RPi Zero with Pi Camera
- 3.13 Collection of Pi Projects
- 4 Apps for Raspberry Pi
- PiVoyager is a UPS for any model Raspberry Pi. As well as providing a connection to a Lithium ion battery, this device maintains a clock and calendar for the Pi. When the Pi is connected to external power, it will charge the battery as well as provide operating power to the Pi.
- Remote.it, a VPI for RPi (and all other platforms). Free personal account available, or $2/mo/device for commercial account w/priority email support.
- RedBoard+ Robotics RPi hat
Setting Up a Raspberry Pi
Connecting over the Local Area Network
- Also see https://ngrok.io for an easier-to-use IP tunneling service
- RealVPN server is pre-installed on the RPi, but I have not been able to get it to work since the window overfills the screen and is not scrollable. Instead I will try simply using SSH directly to the IP address.
- Turn off NordVPN on the PC before trying to connect, since the IP reassignment makes it impossible to use on the LAN. (May be necessary, but is still not sufficient.)
- In Windows 10, toggle "Device Discovery" switch under "for Devlopers" in Settings > Update & Security window. Requires selecting "Developer Mode" first to enable the switch. This should make it possible to connect via USB and localhost from a different device. After rebooting, use the "Pair" button to display a pairing code to enter on the remote device.
- see this page for info on Windows 10 Device Portal.
- First see if the SSH server is installed and running on the RPi. See this page for details.
- This page has instructions for opening a cmd window on the PC and logging in to a remote server with SSH.
- Here is a page with common SSH commands.
- The OpenSSH documentation for Windows is at this page.
SSH Server on Windows 10
- See this page for hints. It is a bit out of date, but has some interesting information.
Using ngrok for SSH
- Connect RPi to local network
- Determine IP address
- Start ngrok TCP 22 server on Pi
- $ ./ngrok tcp 22
- Start VNC server on Pi
- SSH into Pi from remote client (Win10)
- Start VNCviewer app on desktop (Win10)
Create a Network-wide Ad Blocker
- Includes some how-tos for several purposes
LAMP Stack Installation
- Follow instructions at https://knowledgeofthings.com/django-on-raspberry-pi/
- Install Apache 2
- Install MariaDB
- Install Python 3.x
- Install phpMyAdmin
- Install Django CMS
Home Web Server
- A step-by-step procedure for installing and running Apache2 web server on Raspberry Pi
Home Wiki Server
- Attempting to run Mediawiki on a Pi Zero connected to my home router
- Set up SSH server on RPi Zero
- Use Raspbian Buster SD card
- Establish unique password
- Configure to allow SSH access (Install & run sshd)
- Connect to RPi via SSH from Windows command line (Windows+r cmd) with Ngrok
- Install Mediawiki on RPi: ssh [RPi-ip-address] sudo apt-get install mediawiki
- Configure wiki to be read/edit only by logged-in users in LocalSettings.php
- Connect RPi to home router
- Plug in directly to router USB port
- See if port supplies power to Pi Zero
- Discover IP address
- Configure wiki server & SSH server to use assigned IP address
- Test by connecting to RPi wiki from laptop
- Plug in directly to router USB port
- Investigate setting up static IP to allow access via internet, or use Ngrok account
RPi Connected to Solar Power Controller
- This tutorial demonstrates how to use serial communication on a Raspberry Pi to connect to a solar charge controller and transmit the data using a python web server REST API to web enabled devices.
- Video also includes lots of useful apps to look up
Pi Zero Amazon Price Tracker
- See this page for instructions to script a price tracker for a specific product on Amazon.com
Pi Zero 3D Printer Server
- Jason posted these instructions for making a wireless print server for his 3D Printer.
Pi Zero W Surveillance Camera
RPi Zero on a USB Dongle
Run MS-DOS on a Pi
Time-Lapse Photo Setup
Node-RED programming language
RPi Zero with Pi Camera
Collection of Pi Projects
- Uptime Lab - mostly pro-type cases
Apps for Raspberry Pi
- 10 Top Apps to Install on your RPi from MakeUseOf
- Atom text editor
- Flask a very lightweight web server
- Ngrok an IP tunneling service, for exposing web/ftp/ssh/etc servers to the internet
- ShakeNet Raspberry Shake Web portal - citizen scientist seismograph based on RPi