ESP32 & ESP8266
- Volos Projects paint app on YouTube
- ESP32 at Espressif (designer of ESP32 and ESP8266, and other devices)
- IoT with ESP32 link list
- Get started with the ESP32
- ESP32 DevKitC Layout
- ESP32 Dev Board from MakerAdvisor
ESP32-CAM WiFi + Bluetooth Camera Module Development Board ESP32 With Camera Module OV2640
- pin and hardware compatible with the AI-Thinker ESP32-CAM module
- Ultra-small 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi + BT/BLE SoC module
- Low-power dual-core 32-bit CPU for application processors
- Up to 240MHz, up to 600 DMIPS
- Built-in 520 KB SRAM, external 4M PSRAM
- Supports interfaces such as UART/SPI/I2C/PWM/ADC/DAC
- Support OV2640 and OV7670 cameras with built-in flash
- Support for images WiFI upload
- Support TF card
- Support multiple sleep modes
- Embedded Lwip and FreeRTOS
- Support STA/AP/STA+AP working mode
- Support Smart Config/AirKiss One-click distribution network
- Support for serial local upgrade and remote firmware upgrade (FOTA)
How to Program
ESP32-CAM Project Ideas
- Use as camera module for backup camera for truck with RPi or Arduino-based dashboard monitor, connected via WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Issues to be solved:
- Power supply
- Weather-proof case
- External antenna?
- Need for WiFi router? (Module acts as a hotspot according to one tutorial)
- Embed in a DIY robot, making use of the built-in facial recognition software to allow the robot to recognize individuals and greet them by name.
Front Door Security System
- Connect a motion detector to an ESP32-Cam to send an SMS message to a smartphone with an image of whomever is at the door.
ESP32/8266 MicroPython Projects
IDEs to use with ESP32
- A variety of IDEs work with the ESP32. Arduino IDE is fine, but the RandomNerd MicroPython ebook recommends uPyCraft IDE. I've installed both on Win10.